Strange messages coming from the stars – Scientists say it may be advanced alien civilizations
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and it seems that experts may have finally uncovered advanced alien life in the universe. A new study indicates the presence of anomalous signals in 234 out of the 2.5 million stars that have been observed during a survey of the universe.
Scientists have encountered signals originating from certain stars which they believe may be attributed to advanced alien civilizations spread across the cosmos.
A new study published in the journal Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific, under the title ‘Discovery of peculiar periodic spectral modulations in a small fraction of solar-type stars’ details the discovery.
According to a new analysis of strange modulation in a cluster of stars, the signals experts encountered may in fact be originating from advanced alien civilizations who are looking to make contact with other civilizations.
The new study indicates the presence of anomalous signals in 234 out of the 2.5 million stars that have been observed during a survey of the universe. Experts concluded that 234 of these stars behaved strangely, leading to believe an alien intelligence may be behind them.
In fact, there doesn’t appear to be an obvious explanation for what’s going on, which has led scientists to suggest that for the first time ever, the messages may prove the existence of advanced alien civilizations.
- “We find that the detected signals have exactly the shape of an [extraterrestrial intelligence] signal predicted in the previous publication and are therefore in agreement with this hypothesis,” write EF Borra and E Trottier in a new paper.
- “The fact that they are only found in a very small fraction of stars within a narrow spectral range centered near the spectral type of the sun is also in agreement with the ETI hypothesis,” the two scientists from Laval University in Quebec write.
However, experts have made it clear that in order to be sure, further work will need to be done to confirm their hypothesis. I order to do so; scientists will observe the same signals but using different equipment in order to rule out other possibilities.
Commenting the unprecedented discovery, Breakthrough Listen – an initiative set up this year to look for alien life and supported by people including Stephen Hawking and Mark Zuckerberg – stated the signals were extremely promising, but further work will need to be done before concluding its ET.
- “The one in 10,000 objects with unusual spectra seen by Borra and Trottier are certainly worthy of additional study,” the team said in a statement. “However, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
- “It is too early to unequivocally attribute these purported signals to the activities of extraterrestrial civilizations. Internationally agreed-upon protocols for searches for evidence of advanced life beyond Earth (SETI) require candidates to be confirmed by independent groups using their own telescopes, and for all natural explanations to be exhausted before invoking extraterrestrial agents as an explanation.
- “Careful work must be undertaken to determine false positive rates, to rule out natural and instrumental explanations, and most importantly, to confirm detections using two or more independent telescopes.”
We really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to share it with your friends . Thank You
Category Views 163
Write your comment: